Current version published: 17 September 2018
Thank you for your interest in our company. Data protection is of a high priority for the management of MCS Integrated Solutions, and we strive to be completely transparent with how we collect and use information we gather about you on this site. Your privacy is important to us and we respect your preferences.
The processing of personal data, for example, the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a data subject shall be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 2018.
- Name and address of the controller & what we do
- Collection of general data and information
- Registration on our website
- Enquires and requests for IT support, subscriptions to MCS blog and MCS newsletter
- Routine erasure and blocking of personal data
- Rights of the data subject
- Legal basis for processing personal data
- The legitimate interests pursued by the controller
- Period for which personal data will be stored
- Provision of personal data as statutory or contractual requirement
- How to contact us
- Changes to this policy
The data protection declaration of MCS Integrated Solutions is based on the terms used by the European legislator for the adoption of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Our data protection declaration should be legible and understandable for the public, as well as our customers and business partners. To ensure this, we would like to first explain the terminology used.
In this data protection policy, we use the following terms:
Consent of the data subject is any freely given, specific, informed and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes by which he or she, by a statement or by a clear affirmative action, signifies agreement to the processing of personal data relating to him or her.
b) Controller or controller responsible for the processing
Controller or controller responsible for the processing is the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which, alone or jointly with others, determines the purposes and means of the processing of personal data.
c) Data subject
Data subject is any identified or identifiable natural person, whose personal data is processed by the controller responsible for the processing.
d) Personal data
Personal data means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (“data subject”). An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to the physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social identity of that natural person.
Processing is any operation or set of operations which is performed on personal data or on sets of personal data, whether or not by automated means, such as collection, recording, organisation, structuring, storage, adaptation or alteration, retrieval, consultation, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, alignment or combination, restriction, erasure or destruction.
Processor is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which processes personal data on behalf of the controller.
Profiling means any form of automated processing of personal data consisting of the use of personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular, to analyse or predict aspects concerning that natural person’s performance at work, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behavior, location or movements.
Pseudonymisation is the processing of personal data in such a manner that the personal data can no longer be attributed to a specific data subject without the use of additional information, provided that such additional information is kept separately and is subject to technical and organisational measures to ensure that the personal data are not attributed to an identified or identifiable natural person.
Recipient is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or another body, to which the personal data are disclosed, whether a third party or not. However, public authorities which may receive personal data in the framework of a particular inquiry, in accordance with Union or Member State law shall not be regarded as recipients; the processing of those data by those public authorities shall follow the applicable data protection rules according to the purposes of the processing.
j) Restriction of processing
Restriction of processing is the marking of stored personal data with the aim of limiting their processing in the future.
k) Third party
Third party is a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or body other than the data subject, controller, processor and persons who, under the direct authority of the controller or processor, are authorised to process personal data.
2. Name and Address of the Data Controller
The Controller, for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other data protection laws applicable in Member states of the European Union and other provisions related to data protection is:
MCS Integrated Solutions (“MCS”)
Waverley Office Park, Old Naas Road,
Phone: 00353 1 450 7846
3. Collection of general data and information
MCS Integrated Solutions collects only basic contact information. We do not routinely collect special category data.
Purpose for collection of personal data
Personal data entered by the data subject is collected and stored exclusively for internal use and for the sole purpose of MCS Integrated Solutions.
When using general data and information collected via the website, MCS Integrated Solutions does not draw any conclusions about the data subject. Rather, this information is needed to:
- deliver the content of our website correctly,
- optimize the content of our website as well as its advertisement,
- ensure the long-term viability of our information technology systems and website technology,
- provide law enforcement authorities with the information necessary for criminal prosecution in case of a cyber-attack.
- by registering on the website, the IP address, which is assigned by the Internet service provider (ISP) and used by the data subject, plus date, and time of the registration are also stored. The storage of this data takes place to prevent the misuse of our services, and, if necessary, to make it possible to investigate committed offenses.
- this data is not passed on to third parties unless there is a statutory obligation to pass on the data, or if the transfer serves the aim of criminal prosecution.
- the registration of the data subject, with the voluntary indication of personal data, may be used by the MCS Integrated Solutions to offer the data subject information on relevant MCS Integrated Solutions products or services that may only be offered to registered customers.
MCS Integrated Solutions does not collect Calling Landline Identification (CLI) or any other information on the origins of a call. We do not record or retain phone conversations.
The website of MCS Integrated Solutions collects a series of general data and information when a data subject or automated system calls up the website.
This general data and information are stored in the server log files. Data collected may include:
- the browser types and versions used,
- the operating system used by the accessing system,
- the website from which an accessing system reaches our website (so-called referrers),
- the sub-websites,
- the date and time of access to the Internet site,
- an Internet protocol address (IP address),
- the Internet service provider of the accessing system
- any other similar data and information that may be used in the event of attacks on our information technology systems.
The anonymous data of the server log files are stored separately from all personal data provided by a data subject.
4. Enquiries and requests for IT support
By inputting their contact details on the electronic contact forms on the website, users are given the opportunity to use any or all the following services:
- request a call-back from an MCS employee
- submit an enquiry via an electronic contact form
- request a free software review
- register for the MCS Newsletter
If a data subject voluntarily contacts MCS Integrated Solutions by e-mail or via the contact form on the website, the personal data transmitted by the data subject is automatically stored on MCS Integrated Solution electronic systems which are password protected, for relevant processing or contacting the data subject about the specified issue in question.
There is no transfer of this personal data to third parties.
Any emails sent to the company are forwarded to the relevant section or individual employee. The sender’s email address will remain visible to all staff tasked with dealing with the query.
Please be aware that it is the sender’s responsibility to ensure that the content of their emails is within the bounds of the law. Unsolicited material of a criminal nature will be reported to the relevant authorities and blocked.
5. Purpose for data collection
The purpose of collecting personal data is to enable us to answer relevant enquiries and / or enter into contracts with our customers.
6. Storage of personal data
MCS Integrated Solutions shall process and store the personal data of the data subject only for the period necessary to achieve the specified purpose of storage.
If the purpose for which the data was originally collected no longer exists, or if a storage period prescribed by the European legislator or Irish legislator expires, the personal data is erased in accordance with legal requirements and as outlined in the company policy on data retention.
7. Rights of the data subject
Data subject requests for information and access to personal data shall be responded to by MCS Integrated Solutions in accordance with GDPR fee structure, where MCS Integrated Solutions is the data controller.
a) Right of confirmation
Each data subject shall have the right granted by the European legislator to obtain from the controller the confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her is being processed.
If a data subject wishes to avail himself of this right of confirmation, he or she may, at any time, contact our Data Protection Officer or another employee of the company via the contact details provided at the end of this document.
b) Right of access
Each data subject shall have the right to obtain from MCS Integrated Solutions confirmation as to whether or not personal data concerning him or her are being processed, and, where that is the case, access to the personal data and the following information:
- the purposes of the processing
- the categories of personal data concerned
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data has been or will be disclosed, in particular, recipients in third countries or international organisations.
Where this is the case, the data subject shall have the right to be informed of the appropriate safeguards relating to the transfer
- where possible, the envisaged period for which the personal data will be stored, or, if not possible, the criteria used to determine that period
- the existence of the right to request from the controller rectification or erasure of personal data, or restriction of processing of personal data concerning the data subject, or to object to such processing
- the existence of the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority
- where the personal data are not collected from the data subject, any available information as to their source
- the existence of automated decision-making, including profiling, referred to in Article 22(1) and (4) of the GDPR and, at least in those cases, meaningful information about the logic involved, as well as the significance and envisaged consequences of such processing for the data subject.
If a data subject wishes to avail himself of this right of access, he or she may at any time contact our Data Protection Officer or another employee of the company.
c) Right to rectification
Each data subject shall have the right to request from MCS Integrated Solutions without undue delay the rectification of inaccurate personal data concerning him or her.
Taking into account the purposes of the processing, the data subject shall have the right to have incomplete personal data completed, including by means of providing a supplementary statement.
If a data subject wishes to exercise this right to rectification, he or she may, at any time, contact our Data Protection Officer or another employee of the company.
d) Right to erasure (Right to be forgotten)
Each data subject shall have the right granted to request from MCS Integrated Solutions the erasure of personal data concerning him or her without undue delay, and the company shall have the obligation to erase personal data without undue delay where one of the following grounds applies:
- the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was collected or otherwise processed.
- the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing pursuant to Article 21(2) of the GDPR.
- the personal data has been unlawfully processed.
- the personal data must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation in Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject.
If one of the reasons applies, and a data subject wishes to request the erasure of personal data stored by MCS Integrated Solutions, he or she may at any time contact our Data Protection Officer or another employee of the company.
The Data Protection Officer of MCS Integrated Solutions or another designated employee shall promptly ensure that the erasure request is complied with immediately.
e) Right to restriction of processing
Each data subject shall have the right to obtain from the controller restriction of processing where one of the following applies:
- the accuracy of the personal data is contested by the data subject, for a period enabling the controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data.
- the processing is unlawful and the data subject opposes the erasure of the personal data and requests instead the restriction of their use instead.
- the controller no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by the data subject for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
- the data subject has objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) of the GDPR pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of the controller override those of the data subject.
If one of the aforementioned conditions are met, and a data subject wishes to request the restriction of the processing of personal data stored by MCS Integrated Solutions, he or she may at any time contact our Data Protection Officer or another employee of the company. The Data Protection Officer of MCS Integrated Solutions, or another employee, will arrange the restriction of the processing.
f) Right to object
Each data subject shall have the right to object, on grounds relating to his or her situation, at any time, to processing of personal data concerning him or her, which is based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) of the GDPR.
MCS Integrated Solutions shall no longer process the personal data in the event of the objection, unless we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If the data subject objects to MCS Integrated Solutions to the processing for direct marketing purposes, MCS Integrated Solutions will no longer process the personal data for these purposes.
In addition, the data subject has the right, on grounds relating to his or her situation, to object to processing of personal data concerning him or her by MCS Integrated Solutions for scientific or historical research purposes, or for statistical purposes pursuant to Article 89(1) of the GDPR, unless the processing is necessary for the performance of a task carried out for reasons of public interest.
To exercise the right to object, the data subject may directly contact the Data Protection Officer of MCS Integrated Solutions or another employee of the company.
8. Legal basis for processing
The legal basis for the processing of personal data in MCS Integrated Solutions is Art. 6(1)f or Art. 6(1)b.
If our company is subject to a legal obligation by which processing of personal data is required, such as for the fulfillment of tax obligations, the processing is based on Art. 6(1)c GDPR.
9. The legitimate interests pursued by MCS Integrated Solutions
Where the processing of personal data is based on Article 6(1)f GDPR, our legitimate interest is to carry out our business, which is the provision of IT business management solutions, in favour of the well-being of all our employees and the shareholders, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject which require protection of personal data. Business management solutions includes products, services, training and advices.
10. Period for which the personal data will be stored
The criteria used to determine the period of storage of personal data is the respective statutory retention period. Alternatively, the retention period is that designated and documented as legitimate for the specified processing, as defined by our Retention Policy.
After expiration of that period, the corresponding data is handled as per the data processing agreement with each customer.
11. How to contact us
MCS Integrated Solutions
Waverley Office Park, Old Naas Road
Phone: 00353 1450 7846
Email of Internal Data Protection Officer: email@example.com
- to clarify our practices
- to reflect new or different privacy practices
- to link to relevant data protection policies