Here are some answers to FAQs that our clients ask us. You’ll also find links to relevant case studies to give context and to show how we help our clients.
Of course, we’re always here to discuss all of your questions. Just email us at email@example.com or call us on 01 4507846 to discuss your software queries.
Business analytics or data analytics can increase efficiency, personalize your experience as our customer, and identify new business opportunities that you may have overlooked.
Yes, you can identify your own parameters and KPIs. You can also periodically identify both leading and lagging KPIs which will help in the progress of your future goals.
You can run any reports relating to the data you hold: stock, sales, purchases, quotes. You will be able to run reports that can measure performance progress toward your business goals, quantitative analyses, and reports that identify customer insights.
First, we conduct a business process review to ensure there is a clear understanding of your requirements, business goals, and KPIs. This may involve collecting data from one or more of your current applications. Once we know your goals, we then implement a Project Plan.
The timeline can be set by you – all at once or in stages.
The most important part of any data analytics system is to ensure the data, visualisations and results are accurate . This is the most time-consuming stage of the project because of the attention to detail but, if accurate from the beginning, minor changes throughout the project can be managed much more easily.
Data can be collected from one source or multiple sources. For example, Power BI software currently has the ability to connect to 60 different data sources.
Power BI is an application that can be added to your Microsoft Office plan for an additional €10 per month per user. There is an additional charge for MCS consultancy work which varies depending on the scope and complexity of the project.
Yes, data analytics is a very powerful tool for forecasting, budgetary vs actual comparisons, and yearly comparisons, whether looking at profit and loss or by customer and product.
An ERP system will bring efficiencies into your work practices. Many processes manage the workflow of your organisation, but these are often manual and separate, and you may not be benefiting from all the knowledge and data that your current system is storing.
With an ERP system, MCS re-engineers your work practices to understand how we can automate some or many processes and bring more efficiencies to your organisation. This will result in your business no longer using multiple or duplicate systems and it will allow you access to more accurate data, giving you the ability to make smart business decisions based on real-time data.
The cost calculations take the type of platform, cost per user, and annual support charges all into consideration. There are consultancy charges involved in the implementation, data migration, configuration, training and support. These are all necessary steps to ensure the bespoke solution works for your organisation.
Our goal is to ensure we know your business and how best to implement the ERP solution that is aligned with the goals of your organisation.
We understand your requirements by conducting a business process review, during which we spend time with your staff, listening and planning out the company needs. We work with you throughout every step to ensure we understand your requirements.
We create a sandbox/testing environment to allow us to configure the software to your requirements. Your data is migrated into the sandbox environment to allow you to test data and processes, and we train your staff.
Once everything has been tested and you are happy to proceed to the next stage, the system goes live.
For a system to go live, MCS are present on site for a few days to guide your team through the system and processes and to provide support as necessary.
To read a case study on how we implemented an ERP solution for a leading Irish builders’ merchants, click here.
Press F1 at any stage and the online Help File opens. If you Press F1 while a particular window or form is open, the help files specific to that page will open.
Log into your demo/test company at any time and test a posting before applying it to your live data.
Check that the nominal account has a balance and ensure that the account is included in your Chart of Accounts (COA).
Check to see if
- All transactions are posted and updated,
- Manual journals were posted to control accounts (there should not be any manual postings to control accounts),
- All dates of transaction postings were posted to the correct periods,
- Transactions were back-dated or future-dated into a closed period,
- Ageing reports were run at month end or reports are aged at month end,
- Reports were run after new transactions were posted and allocations took place.
Sage 50 has a host of function keys and shortcuts that can help processing faster.
- Press the ALT key while a particular window is open to view keyboard shortcuts
- Some are highlighted on screen, such as F6 & F7 which insert rows and copy cell
Sage 50 comes with various reports within each module which have slight variation in content, criteria and layouts. You can save time by marking reports you use most often as favourites. When accessing reports within different modules favourites will be marked with a star.
Check with your administrator that your user or role has access to the relevant feature/option that you are seeking.
Check the Maintain Accounting Period user permissions.
Check the SOP user permissions.
- Check the permissions and user access control settings.
- Check the minimum specifications on their PC to ensure it meets the system requirements.
A failed SEPA file is generally due to incorrect or missing details. You need to ensure that all fields are populated with data.
A Business Process Review (BPR) is ordinarily the first stage on the road to streamlining data flows and improving efficiencies in an organisation.
Once a customer has identified their business needs and approached MCS for a solution to meet those needs, our project team carries out a systematic review of current relevant business processes with key stakeholders.
The advantages of a BPR for business owners/managers includes allowing you to
- gain an accurate and complete picture of processes and data flows;
- identify inefficiencies within the current processes;
- identify possible ways to improve and streamline existing workflows;
- build employee confidence regarding the solution—employees and their workflows are most impacted by any changes that are made, so including them early on in your project is central to successful change management within the organisation; and
- allow you to view your KPIs using realtime data.
The advantages of a BPR for MCS include allowing us to
- understand our customers’ systems,
- identify existing capabilities within those systems,
- establish the company’s precise management and operational needs, and
- collaborate with key personnel from each department and include them in the process of reaching an optimal solution.
Integration means linking the different software applications and legacy systems that you and your employees interact with every day.
Usually, as a business grows, different management processes and software systems are implemented to run the business. If they are independent of each other, it means that resources are needed to maintain each separate system and further resources are required to create channels of communication between them. Employee time and productivity can be wasted carrying out routine administrative tasks.
Integration results in core management systems being interconnected on one technology network, resulting in an uninterrupted flow of data and communication.
Integration makes it easier to access information on business performance,.
This allows the management team to make business decisions based on accurate data in real time.
At MCS, we believe that it is essential to always align technology with each customer’s business strategy and goals.
Yes. Many organisations manually input sales invoices from their core system into Sage 50, resulting in data entry errors and data inaccuracies. However, it is possible to automate this step. This saves you time, ensures the data is validated and accurate, and eliminates invoice errors.
MCS have developed a program to import sales invoices from organizational core systems into Sage 50. Our program connects to external data sources, validates the data to ensure every customer exists in Sage 50, and then imports the data into Sage 50 as sales invoices.
This automating software can be used to connect Sage 50 to most core systems.
MCS can change your manual system to an automated system quickly and with minimum disruption to your billing cycle. On average, these implementations take a few hours.
- Saves time for accounts personnel
- Saves time for management. Summary information on profit and loss is accessible at the click of a mouse, eliminating the need to analyse and manipulate Excel spreadsheets.
- Assures data integrity because the software automatically cross-checks between systems and there are no repeated manual data entries.
- Streamlines data flow in the organisation
Mobile Apps (software applications that can be downloaded and run on mobile phones and tablets) automate manual processes and allow workers complete some or all tasks remotely.
An Expenses App makes expenses management simple and efficient for everyone.
- To claim expenses, a claimant first has the Expenses App installed on their mobile phone or tablet.
- In accordance with company policy, each claimant enters their expenses into the App and uploads photos of relevant receipts.
- Expenses are categorised and the App automatically applies taxes and nominal codes.
- Because the App is integrated with the company’s accounts system, accounts personnel view expenses entries electronically—no need for paperwork or paper receipts.
- Any necessary communication is via the claimant’s App.
- Once checked, expenses are digitally sent for approval.
- Once approved, the reimbursement amount is confirmed to the claimant, via the App, and the reimbursement is automatically triggered using the claimant’s banking details.
Features of our Expenses App include:
- Automated expense tracking
- Streamlined receipt management
- Streamlined reimbursement processes via integration with accounting software
- Categorised expenses
- Real-time spending insights
- Customised reports for budgeting and taxes
- Improved compliance with expense policies
- Enhanced data security and accuracy
- Saved time and reduced manual effort
Our Expenses App is customisable and can be easily programmed to include your expenses policies, including receipt requirements, spending limits, mileage calculations, etc.
The Expenses App will be fully integrated with your management or accounting software.
Because all information entered into the App is categorised using your business’s nominal codes, you will be able to generate accurate and up-to-date financial reports.