“It is very important for us to be current and up to date so that our systems are operating efficiently … and this is something that they (MCS) bring to us … and we have come to depend on it now.” Adrian McCann, Managing Director, Doras Doors
“It is very important for us to be current and up to date so that our systems are operating efficiently … and this is something that they (MCS) bring to us … and we have come to depend on it now.”
Adrian McCann, Managing Director, Doras Doors
Doras Doors is Ireland’s leading doors and mouldings wholesale distribution outlet. Doras operates from a 45,000 sq. ft facility designed for volume storage of doors.
They have built an excellent reputation for quality products, efficient delivery, and after-sales service.
After three decades of operation, Doras approached MCS to upgrade their accounts systems. Their legacy accounts software heavily depended on multiple disconnected systems, handwritten steps, journals and ledgers, and processes such as
- repetitive data entry (sales ledger, orders ledger, stock ledger, supply ledger, purchase ledger),
- manual updates to delivery dates and cost prices,
- emailing enquiries for stock levels and discounts, and
- creation of reports by extraction of data from one system to import into another (Excel).
The first step in finding a solution was a business process review. This critical step involves talking to the relevant staff and mapping out the routine workflows and processes. These were taken into consideration when designing the new system. After collaborating with key Doras personnel, MCS recommended implementing a cost-effective Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) solution. ERP is an integrated solution that interconnects core management systems on one technology network. As a result, there is in an uninterrupted flow of data and communication. This brings efficiency, scalability, and reliability.
MCS delivered a perfect solution for Doras, which was implemented through a series of stages planned out over six months.
- Doras processes or departments that were integrated into the final system:
- MCS configured the system to meet Doras’s needs:
- Integration of all the necessary process and workflows
- Real time information visibility, for example, stock levels
- Access rights
- Efficient Reporting
- When the system went live, MCS made final adjustments to ensure that end users were fully engaged and that it achieved the required outputs. On-site installation, testing, and tweaking are advantages that MCS Integrated Solutions bring to all installations.
Some of the benefits resulting from the implementation of this system include
- Smoother operations with less dependence on manual processes
- Departments connected rather than stand-alone
- Efficient information and communication flow
- Access to information as required: for example, stock level of individual items
- Automatic access to KPIs
- Reliable data
- Efficient production of reports
- Automated analysis of reports capability
WHY COMPANIES CHOOSE MCS
Here, Managing Director Adrian McCann discusses why MCS is their chosen technology partner:
At MCS Integrated Solutions, our strength comes from our close attention to customer requirements and building relationships on trust.
When you have better visibility, data integrity and control across your company, you can make better decisions and serve your customers better.
Contact MCS today on 01 4507846 or email@example.com